Monday, April 24, 2006

NTRI & TIE

I am still travelling today but I just had to stop and take a moment to consider these two.

TIE - It hit $69 on incredible volume

NTRI - I am so glad that we hung in there on this one. It hit $64 in after hours.
The punchline: they outdid the wildest expectations.
* Sales up 4x (from $37M to $147M)
* earnings up 6X (from $0.1 to $0.6). The high expectation was $0.42. Think about that. They were 50% higher than the most aggressive analyst.
* Raised Q2 expectations from $0.35 to $0.48
* Raised 2006 expectations from $1.38 to $2

This is a 2.3X sales growth from last quarter to this quarter. I am stunned.
Sales and earnings are accelerating.

I just couldn't be more thrilled - we look to have moved from a 25% loss on thi sone to a 30% gain. If it can hold onto it's aftermarket run.

I think they must be doing well with the male market. I was jogging on atreadmill at my hotel and watched some stock market channel. In the space of 20 minutes, 2 NTRI commercials popped up - both for men. That's a target marketing that makes sense to me......

STX - looks like this one is heading out to the trashpile. Maybe we'll let it soften more and get back in. They really do have a winnning business model.

1 Comments:

Blogger Network Samurai said...

So given the recent NTRI runup, is there more room for growth or should we wait a few weeks for the profit taking to get in more?

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home