Thursday, January 25, 2007

STOPs on CSH, UCTT, TRID

We were stopped out of these stocks and my plan for TRID and UCTT was to buy back in. Well, I waited 1 day too long and they bounced back and then some: TRID up 20%, UCTT up 10%.

And that's a valuable lesson: if you do use STOPs then you must watch the market daily to time re-entry. Re-entry of course assumes that the stocks went down because of market malaise and not stock specific issues.

As someone pointed out so candidly, STOPs don't always save you money.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Andrew. As I had thought too TRID did fly today and am just kicking myself as to why I put so less when I entered at 17.25$. However, am debating what the stop should be. Do you see institutional accumulation continue for a few days pushing the price above 21$?

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRID did pay off. The options clearing clarification did help. However I sold 50% of holding at 21. What do you say of other ? Hold or Add more on downside ?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

now since GLW and TRID came up nice. What is you take on ZRAN.. I know u used to follow it before. It near yearl low and due for earnings in next few days(weeks)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home