Sunday, November 12, 2006

What should be expected when investing?

Many of us have had a stock or two that was like a rocket. I have had the chance to own TIE, HANS, & NTRI when it seemed like every month was a new high.

The challenge that I face is recognizing that these stocks are the exception and not the rule. Otherwise I invest expecting every stock to behave like a star. The fact that some stocks can race up is a reward rather than something to be expected.

A good example is in Baseball. I want players that all have homerun potential but that can at least grind out singles and doubles. I accept players go through slumps, but I can't have falling stars on my team. A group of players that consistently perform will win the pennant.

In reviewing stocks, I am looking for solid performers. The companies that can be expected to grow their business 20%+ come rain or shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home