Thursday, November 02, 2006

To buy back or not?

I have said before that I did not want to put more money into this market at this time. The only reason that I bought TRID when I did was because I expected them to present great quarterly results (they did) and to resolve the option sissue (they did not).

I think the market is overbought. Not only because of the ~10% 3 month growth as the economy slows. I also note that oil prices have been dropping but the market is not responding favorably.

I want to see a major pullback in this market before buying back (say, another 3% or 11,600). I am a strong believer in KSU, UCTT, TRID and OCN and I do want to be in them. (TRID I will buy within 3 weeks before they release earnings corrections). However, I believe that they will get dragged down in a market pullback. I do see more bad news in general on the horizon. Ideally, wait until December to buy. That is when some attention will come back to earnings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a bay area stock that seems to have some momentum. TECHWELL COMMON (TWLL)

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sold TTI finally and puzzled by the market's yawn to a rather spectacular quarter. Dint register 2 digit % gains as I had hoped for! When do you plan to dispose DO off?

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sold TTI finally and puzzled by the market's yawn to a rather spectacular quarter. Dint register 2 digit % gains as I had hoped for! When do you plan to sell DO and what are some of your new picks?

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home