Saturday, November 11, 2006

Liverocket week 51 - Down 0.28%


I don't know why, but I can't seem to load the weekly spreadsheet. I'm just seeing a grey box. It's one of the reasons for why I will be moving to a website shortly (liverocket.com). If you have some web templates or such that you can share, please let me know.

Not much to show, anyway - we were stopped out of the rest of our stocks. The market zipped up this week ~1% and we stayed on the sidelines.

The market is clearly operating like everything is great - earnings season came and went and double digit growth was everywhere. Disney to IBM to Aetna: great earnings results. The optimism is so strong that a rise in oil prices didn't send the market into a panic. Neither did the GDP with its obvious signs of impending manufacturing recession. The election even sparked some life, even though no new legislation will actually come out (but this is a GREAT time to exit military stocks - whether or not we leave Iraq, the war spending is more likely to recede than it is to rise).

I will be publishing a special list of stocks that I like in a separate posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home