Thursday, August 24, 2006

Interesting signs of Housing bust

I am starting to see signs in Silicon Valley that say "WILL BUY HOUSES FOR CASH"

More interestingly (well, to me at least) is that I am finding home staging professionals selling off their staging furniture. (Staging is when an empty home is presented with furnishings to make it look elegeant and to show prospective buyers how it might look.)

It seems almost counter-intuitive. A surge in homes for sale coupled with a more competitive market should make for a greater demand for staging. Unless folks really need to cut corners (I imagine staging nice furniture for a few weeks or months must run in the thousands). Or folks are taking homes off the market and are waiting.

I don't know the cause. Buy I can tell that it likely is a symptom of a market slowdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home