Monday, June 19, 2006

Bear, Bull or.....?

In a Bear market, everyone gets hit. And, frankly, everyone is getting smacked down.

The question on my mind is whether this was a correction or the first phase of a Bear market. I still think that this is a correction and it swung too far. If I'm correct, then the earnings will matter. In I'm wrong, well, in a Bear market, the earnings just don't matter - nothing brings money into the market.

Supporting the Bear verdict:
1. Economies are past the boom stage.
2. market sentiment is negative. Some great earnings have been announced but to no avail - prices continued down.

Supporting the contraction
1. Economies are still strong
2. Market is waiting for signs of strength and predictability

I want to go long. I see some amazing buys, where growth stocks have become value stocks. the housing report tomorrow will certainly provide some direction. A goldilocks scenario is desired - nothing too weak, nothing too strong. I don't think it will be just right. We've had too many signs of a sudden slowdown.

It's hard to predict what will happen tomorrow, and frankly, I don't care. The market will have to respect strong growth. I am buying tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any buys yet ? TIE ? TRID dropped 12% :((

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please post your buys for today?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

TRID gave an opportunity for a major investment.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home