Thursday, May 11, 2006

Waiting for bargains

Today's pullback does not seem like much in light of the recent run-up.
Yes, NTRI is down $4, but it was up almost $6 yesterday.

I am surprised, however, by the incredible weakness in the tech sector - NASDAQ has retreated to early March levels. I remember back in the 90s that tech stocks always softened in the summertime. Maybe we are back to that behavior.

Meanwhile, I am looking for some buys and I don't see any fabulous opportunities (TRID being the exception, of course). We are sitting on $8K+ of cash until we find a better place to put it.

Also, I don't think the retreat is enough. I want to see consolidation around 11400 and then move up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about STP? Good Solar Play.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I'll take a look.

The key right now is to find the steak amidst the sizzle. With the interest in alternative energy, there is a lot of hype and fad.

That means higher risk and higher return opportunities.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Network Samurai said...

stopped out of TIE at 86. Is there a re-entry point or are we done with this one???

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made $$ on TIE.thanks.
Your best stock pick
last year was HANS . I wounder what your take on JSDA .I like their products.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home