Saturday, May 06, 2006

Week 26 Performance - Up 3.79%

Week 26 (versus previous week)
Dow 1.86%
S&P 1.14%
NASDAQ 0.86%
LiveRocket 3.79%

YTD
Dow 8.03%
S&P 6.25%
NASDAQ 6.26%
LiveRocket 30.66%

Since Inception (Nov 4, 2005)
Dow 10%
S&P 8.8%
NASDAQ 8%
LiveRocket 43.1%

Positive growth ruled the week as market concerns ebbed and flowed and more earnings were released.
Our cash position increased by $40 because of a STX dividend. We are sitting on $8.4K cash, and that base may grow if we move out of TEVA as I think we will after earnings release this week.

I'll do a separate think piece, but for now, here's a quick rundown. As always, I am looking at weekly changes, not versus our buy-in price.

FINANCIALS
ET – Up 5%. After a 10% drop last week, this was a sign of respect. I still think that they are underpriced
GHL – Down 4%. Considering that they were down 14% earlier in the week, this is an improvement. Call it a buy opportunity - it was for us.

COMMODITIES & EQUIPMENT
GRP – Up 2.8%. After an amazing earnings, they are in a slump. Oh, wait. That was last month. We are back to what-have-you-done-for-me-lately.
JLG - Up 3%. Mostly from Friday's jump. It should have enjoyed a jump because of CAT's great report. Earnings release May 24
JOYG - Up 0.5% Still in recovery mode after the China scare. I don't like that the broader market surged and they got no benefit. May 25th i searnings release, so they should start to perk up next week or so.
MDR - Up 15.8%. Outstanding sales growth. A great story. Don't say I didn't warn you.
TIE – Up 8.6%. Just a great growth story. I notice that prices are rising but not yet as high as they will be.

HIGH TECH
STX – Flat. We have an $0.08 dividend. I think that the market is transitioning. On the one hand, recognition that PC and iPod sales are high but growth is slowing. On the other hand, demand is growing in storage, DVRs and games.
TRID - Up 0.6%. Frustrated? Sure, but not like GNSS owners. I'm sticking with the facts - TRID is dominating the space of THE hot product for 2006/7.

HEALTH
NTRI – Up 2.3%. It even pushed to $72 before pulling back. I was wrong about the pullback to $66, but I still want to keep a tight STOP.

TEVA – Up 7.4%. Another win for TEVA in getting a drug approved (Zocor). Also, TEVA announced that sales of its MS drug rose 36%. (Interestingly, BRL dropped 8% this week.) I liked that TEVA ended near their high for the day and week. TEVA is approaching its 52 week high but I think that this is pre-earnings excitement. I would imagine a further $2 spike or more in the short term. May 10th is earnings release

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home