Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Stocks to buy

I don't like that we were stopped out of many stocks and took a loss on a couple. On the flipside, we can buy more of these stocks for the same total net amount. because I look at the movements as market related and not company related.

I am hard pressed to find stocks with the performance of these companies. I look at most recent quarterly results and see:
ET - Sales up 36%, earnings up 55%
GHL - Sales up 130% and earnings up 162%
TRID - Sales up 177%, Earnings up N/A (well, they went from negative to hugely positive)

Stocks we were stopped out of:
GRP - Sales up 42%, earnings up 152%.
JLG - Sales up 40%, earnings up 266% (earnings release the 24th). But even CAT reported sales up 13% and earnings up 45% (note the huge margins there)
JOYG - Sales up 49%, earnings up 169% (earnings release the 25th)
MDR - Sales up 48%, earnings up 141%
NTRI - Sales up 292%, earnings up 592%
TIE - Sales up 85%, earnings up 42% (higher after the tax event is taken into account)

New stocks I like:
AMX - Sales up 31%, earnings up 121%
DIS - I like the Pixar move and this is a gamble that CARS will be a hit movie
PCP - Sales up 18%, Earnings up 52%

In other words, these companies have solid growth and are not overpriced. (TIE got a bit of a bubble burst, and we exited near the top, so we can re-enter.) Every single one continues to clobber expectations and raise guidance. We buy on pullbacks like this and do our best to get out nearer the top.

I am looking for the following
GRP/JLG/JOYG/MDR - We were stopped out and the weakness continues. So we will wait for a bottom and get back in. I am especially drooling over GRP and JLG.
NTRI - I am thinking that a split announcement is coming, so I'd like to get in before they split.
TIE - It touched its 20 day moving average. I expect it to spring off of it tomorrow.
AMX/DIS/PCP - I'm being patient with them.
TRID - We bought more. This is obscene at this price

--------------
Editted to correct the TIE moving average: it likes to stay above the 20dma NOT the 50 dma. That's a big difference in this case

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see it hitting the 20D MA.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With higher CPI..I think stocks are going to crash today..wondering which sector will get crashed the most..is it retailers ?

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home