Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Options Update

I am mostly concerned about AGN - with just 7 trading days to go, the sudden turn is eroding most of our gains here.

Looks like we did not get orders for
ME
TS
GIFI

My strategy was straightforward. I decided that this wasn't a Bull trap and just a pullback. So I bought calls that were 15%~20% above where we were today but close to or at prices that had been hit recently. I also bought months in advance.


What we bought today:
Up a bit: MEE, FRO
Barely moved: UNT, SM, GTLS, OSG, CPX, BIG
Eased More: WLL, SD, PXD, SE
Eased a lot: MMR

I had expected a strong rally but it did not happen. Does that mean I was wrong about a Bull Trap? We'll see what earnings bring. I have been tracking all of these stocks and I see some big wins this quarter and next because they get the benefit of current pricing.

Will coal/oil/Natural gas prices drop? I hope not.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you feel about where WLT is at as a coal long play?

How about DRYS at its price as a shipping play?

10:09 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I own WLT stock - I think it has legs.

DRYS - I just got bottom ticked on DSX (boy do I feel dumb falling for that).

The trick is to get the shippers that are contract based and do not eat fuel costs.

10:16 PM  
Blogger SR said...

I thought I would share with you, this says the same thing you have been for a long time:

http://biz.yahoo.com/investopedia/080708/3683.html

"Finally, investors can profit from a falling U.S. dollar through the purchase of commodities or companies that support or participate in commodity exploration, production or transportation."

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home