Friday, March 07, 2008

Selling & Buying

It's time to cut bait.
Sure, we're selling on weakness. I'd prefer to buy low and sell high, but I missed selling high. So we are going to hit the re-boot button and change this portfolio. Now.

SELLING TODAY:
IMA 174 shares $29.44. I don't care if it's oversold and will bounce back. I'm not going to wait. We'll buy back after it drifts to the low 20s. One caveat - if the Matria deal is cancelled, IMA is a winning stock
PCP - Selling 100 shares $103.45 We'll buy back in after it tests the $95 low that it seems to want so bad. From $150+ to $100 and on record beating results. So we'll be back.

Setting STOP/SELL Limits for March
AG Sell price $71, STOP $59
ATW Sell Price $93, STOP $80
CF SELL $135, STOP $110
FWLT - Sideways for 6 months, bouncing from $63~$75. Could be consolidation on the way to a breakout. We'll play this accordingly. Sell Price $80, STOP $60
IO - Sell $15, STOP $13
MICC - Sideways for 5 months, bouncing from $100~$120. Could be consolidation on the way to a breakout. We'll play this accordingly. Sell Price $120, STOP $99
MVL - Sell at $29, STOP $23.9
NOV - Sell at $80, STOP $58
VIP - Sell at $40, STOP $31
WFR - Sell $83, STOP $71

3 Comments:

Blogger SR said...

Hi Andrew,

I am all short for now, doing ok with QQQ and FNM puts. I have been looking at your short candidates. Have been trying to buy puts for BBBY and SKS, but they have gone up crazy. I have SKF, but priced out of SRS. I am waiting for that to get below 110, hopefully we will have some fake rally again after the fed cut and I will get back then.. Can you please update with your options too? I think until June options are better strategy, what do you think?

11:44 AM  
Blogger TakeStocK said...

I will be surprised if the market goes straight line down. There will be few fake rallies and Fed won’t sit tight and watch DOW falls below 10,000 levels. Remember this is an election year.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I prefer going out further in time than June. Just because there is a lot of noise righ tnow that is driving radical swings. In this market, you can make money being long and short!

As for Fed input, they have thrown $300B to date at the market and it is down from 14000 to below 12000.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home