Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Return of Trading

One thing that has become evident the psat few months is that a trading system is critical. Imagine where we'd be if I had not taken off the STOPs a few months ago.

SO not only am I going to reinstate STOPs, but I'd like to suggest a very big change for 2008.
I think that the best way to maximize profits in this market will be to aggressively jump in and out of stocks. I am not suggesting a day trade approach.

I think that the ideal system for 2008 will be one that locks in gains and exits. If we can find opportunities to lock in, say, 10% in 1 month, we'll take it. I love the stocks in my portfolio, but that is not going to make me money this year unless I am willing to sell when they rise and then re-enter when they drop, as stocks always do.

It will take a lot more effort and discipline, but I think it's necessary. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home