Friday, September 28, 2007

Solid movers - HOLX, TRID, IMA, MICC, FWLT

HOLX - Major movements Tuesday and Today (up 11% for the week). Could be the close of the Biolucent purchase. More likely it's the IBD analysis yesterday
http://www.investors.com/includes/edit/multimedia/dsa/092707_dsa_holx/092707_dsa_holx.html
This breakout will carry momentum - could see $66.

IMA - No news but it brushed its 52 week high.

CLB- Hit another 52 week high

TRID - Riding high this week after officially getting confirmed as no longer under threat of delisting. While I missed buying back in under $14, I love TRID and am watching for weakness to buy back in

MICC _ No news, but it is moving up. I seriously think this was tied to the issue I mentioned previously: Director leaving the board causing NASDAQ rule breach. If I'm right, they will be heading to $100 again

FWLT - Up ~2% today. For those who wonder why I flipped MDR for FWLT, you will see that FWLT has lagged MDR a bit the last month (20% growth vs 24%). However, I am hoping that FWLT will take the lead and - indeed - I am seeing a little sluggishness in MDR and some excitement with FWLT

2 Comments:

Blogger TakeStocK said...

Thanks for the HOLX link Andrew …That’s very educational.

Run up to the earnings season...I will be closely watching CTSH & INFY. My guess is that both will give an upward guidance. ( CTSH already announced 2:1 split and share buy back ) . Indicators are …They are hiring in bulk & Expanding in India. Also enough hints that RBI (central bank in India) likely to cut interest rates and that will somewhat balance Rupee/$ conversion that will help IT earnings growth. INFY will announce results on Oct 11th.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure think its to load up on TRID, don't miss the ride up imminent in the next few weeks/months Andrew :)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home