Thursday, April 26, 2007

AAPL, NTRI, AET & ILMN

AAPL blew away earnings thanks to strong MAC sales and a one time benefit of low semiconductor chip costs. Those costs alone drove margins up from 29% to 35%, adding $330M in net profit.

I was right about the iPod sales slowing down - they grew only 24%.
I was wrong about Mac sales growth - they really hit hard.

As you recall, I changed my view of AAPL last month and voted them a buy.
--------------------

In early April I mentioned that NTRI was moving up but I didn't know why. They were around $53 at the time. Today they are at $61 after hitting $66 on great results
They beat earnings expectations by ~20% and revenue by 10%. Plus they raised 2007 expectations.

I still think that they haven't shown enough non-US presence for me to love them.
----------------------------
AET hit a new high. We used to own but I felt that they had less room to move going forward
1. Recovered from the over selling of last year
2. Growth in customer base peaked and any economic downturn would reduce their revenue

AET beat expectations by 4% and showed 8% growth. Memberhip increased by 270,000 which is nice but nothing exciting. Besides, a P/E of 15 on 8% growth feels fairly valued

--------------------------------
ILMN had great sales but bad earnings. I would get in on a bad day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home