Thursday, March 22, 2007

Waiting was not the right move

I had been waiting to get back in under the premise that the market would not like the Fed's statements. They loved the Fed's sttaements yesterday

So lets focus on earnings season, which is getting ready to start.
What do I see? Strictly fundamental plays. Back to basics - who is growing and has an undervalued price relative to their PEG.
OIL RELATED
We have ATW & ESV. I'd like to add DO, MDR & GRP
HAL reported a slowdown in drilling in the US and Canada, but that is to be expected because of low natural gas prices. This in turn was tied to a warm winter and low demand for heating. Going forward, the US is setting itself up for a fall. NG supply is being cut as demand drops - rigs for pumping are leaving the Gulf of Mexico in droves. Next winter, supply shortfalls can be expected.

HIGH TECH
NUAN & UCTT - I stil think that they ar eboth cheap (they were cheaper but oh well...)
TRID still hasn't filed paperwork and they are theoretically destined for de-listing April 2. I just don't understand

OTHER
PCP - Don't get me started. I expect a split and that will add 10%.
DIGE - I like them at thi slow price
PWR - Let's return
KSU - Let's return
AMX - Let's return

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was surprised by the Feds statement also. I think Feds are desperate not to tell the degree of inflation and home market. One day or another they have to..

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home