Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Oil stocks crashing

For some time I have been commenting that there was weakness in the oil services/equipment sector. Just this weekend I said that I expected further weakness. Well, it sure did come fast.
While we are stopped out of these stocks, I love the near-term prospects so much that I will be getting back in. Timing will be the question.

What will stop these stocks from going into free-fall will be a Saudi led cut in production. They and only they can truly influence the oil prices.

This will be a major buy opportunity so be ready.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close to 7% drop yesterday -- looks like a few days' wait might make DO look even sweeter! Hope you are right about the ramp up as you were about the upcoming softness!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

The market is waiting to see genuine cutbacks in oil production or the return of surplus

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home