Wednesday, October 11, 2006

ET/AMTD, TRID and commodities

I was just asked what I thought about ET/AMTD. They were recently downgraded and I have to agree from the short term perspective. Long term, ET is expanding into China. Short term, they make their money off of loans and trading. It's a question of growth and unfortunately, the last few months have not been very active trading months.

TRID was recently upgraded by an analyst who raised guidance. My general take on the situation is that TRID will resolve the entire options issue this quarter. Note that AMKR just handled theirs and the stock rocketed up 30%. And AMKR took a cash hit whereas TRID has announced that any results will not have a cash impact (i.e. it will all be paper numbers).

Lastly, my Spidey sense is picking up a shift in commodities. I think that they are back. Look at this for the last 5 days
JOYG up 10%
TIE up 10%
ESV up 4%

I think that this is a strong sign of a shift

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home