Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Stocks that are working for me and stocks that aren't

Stocks that are doing well for me
ESV - They own oil rigs which are in under-supply around the world
GRP - Bought when they were oversold, and so far just holding position
ITG - A surprise for me. they sell financial software
CSH - Pawnshops. Doing quite well.
JLG - Also bought when oversold. They are actually down a bit lately
MDR - Also bought when oversold
PTSI - I bought instead of EXPD. I like trucking because they are able to hedge the oil costs.
Apple Puts - Apple's news will be mixed and nobody likes mixed news
BMHC Puts - Housing supply companies have no good news
TTI - Oil service.
JNPR Puts - Godo timing. I bought before LU's notice

Stocks that are lagging
DO - This company is knee-deep in drilling and seems to be suffering every time oil goes up.
RFMD/ZRAN/TRID/ISIL - Semis are getting hit. At least TRID is up from that $15 price.
TIE - Getting hit hard here
NUAN - Ouch. Tech stocks are so out of favor right now

I'm noticing that certain stocks I follow are showing strange behavior
JOYG/BUCY - No idea why they are down
CCJ - Continuing a rebound
NTRI - Up strong
GHL - falling again.
MRVL - falling again. MRVL under $40??? How about CSCO under $18???
IVAC - Looking for a great quarter
AAPL - Approaching $50. Fear about the quarter
AKAM - Slipping back to $29????
WFMI - Hanging on a trading range of $60~$64. No excitement - I think that they are overpriced. A 55 P/E and a 37 forward P/E??? With a 10% earnings growth expectation?? I love WFMI and I love AAPL, but the stocks were/are overpriced. I said AAPL was overpriced when it was $80. I think WFMI is probably a $50 stock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home