Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Timing is everything

A lot of trades today
1. Jetblue - Following a downgrade for pricing reasons, Jetblue sagged more and hit our sell of $14.5. We locked in 17.6% return and $11,745
2. BCSI - Announced a decision to buy a company and they got hit - again. We sold at our trigger of $42 for a return of 6.3% and $9,534

At the opening bell we purchased
SNDK - 185 shares at $64.8
STX - 597 shares at $20.1

However, with BCSI and JBLU hitting our Stops so early in the day, we had an additional ~$20K to invest. I strongly believe in the market turning bullish, as I keep saying, so we need to put cash back in to work for us.
We bought
AKAM - 603 shares at $19.89
This leaves $7027 in cash, which I see using at some time to buy puts in either BMHC or Apple (no puts available for HANS). I spent too much time analyzing the GOOG June $500 and $450 calls and missed out on a nice tidy jump. That's the problem with options - it is 100% about timing

Speaking about timing, our moves this morning turned out to be lucky timing - the market turned very positive with Fed releases. I expect the earnings season release to commence and work very well.

As I said - I expect this year to be one last hurrah for the market for a while - until we digest the housing bubble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home