Saturday, February 23, 2008

LiveRocket Week 8 Performance - Up 2%



A good week even including the IMA collapse and the MVL weakness. I am glad that IMA rebounded somewhat.

Sector rotation is rewarding oil services ($100 oil), agriculture, overseas infrastructure, and metals. I have never quite grasped metals, and so I sat on the sidelines watching GLD and RIO go gangbusters. Last week I was asking folks about PAL, only to see that sucker shoot up 20%+.

I own TIE because it is actually used and in short supply. But it's languishing like nobody's business. Gold and platinum and silver are inflation hedges rife with speculation, and I can't wrap my head around that. But it is foolish to avoid it for long - let's play the momentum.

Major portfolio tweaking Monday. I expect to exit IO, IMA & maybe NOV. I am not seeing the fundamentals I want to see at this time. I will double up on more agriculture, buy some puts, and possibly GLD, RIO, or PAL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home