Thursday, December 20, 2007

TRID CFO Leaving - Last of the Old Guard

The CFO of TRID announced his impending departure. This is within a few months of the new CEO coming onboard.

Net it out - is this good or bad? What does this say about future prospects and buyout potentital?

I note that the CFO has 300K options that are not vested (unexerciseable) and worth $3M and a further 100K options that are worth $1M and exerciseable. Stick around 4 years and make $3M or join another company and hope for better upside.

Under a buyout, the acquiring company has the right to let the unvested shares automatically vest. That's a present they like to give executives. So I don't see this as a positive in favor of a looming buyout.

I do go back to an important point: the CFO has a job already lined up. So he probably began his job hunt once the new CEO was landed. That's a professional thing to do - ensure some handing off.

But I struggle to find positive news in this. Except for another opportunity to load up on shares.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have around 4K shares of trid with average price of 10, now in pain :( , everytime it seems this stock has bad news one after other and even the holiday season did not appear strong (due to vizio and other brand)... I agree $5.5 might be bottom but just dont have more risk taking capacity in this stock.. hope I see $8 next year and I will book my loss...

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you tired of TRID yet or gonna buy more... ;-0

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home