Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where to go from here

Apologies for being AWOL - much too much going on the past few weeks.

I sold a lot a few days ago. I still believe beinglong in the market but I felt that traders were going to push us down. Indeed, 2 days ago things lookde to have bottomed out but I didn't want to get back in yet because it felt more like a dead cat bounce. Certainly the Wednesday retreat seemed to feel like the other side of a sucker's rally.

Th ebottom is basically in. While I don't think prices will dip much more, I do think another bad day could emerge.
So it's a matter of timing re-entry, really (and picking the right targets). I continue to believe that late November will see a bit of a rally as funds move back in to secure a spot before the quarter ends and earnings releases begin anew.

Between now and then some dips and rises could happen.
Thursday: CPI release today as well as jobless claims. Both may spark a rally if they leave room for the Fed to cut. I feel that the unemployment rate is being under reported, so a surprise here is possible. I also think the CPI excluding food/oil is stable.
Friday: option expiration. Things are down so low, that there is no pressure on anyone to cover positions.

I did some moves a few weeks ago when things were interesting. I bought a bunch of IO. That worked out all right. DRYS wsa a complete fiasco. I was hoping it would drop more and we would buy back in. Lets watch and see.

I am up late and looking at stock picks. I made more misses than hits lately. The TIE/TRID decisions were wrong. I thought we'd see life and we didn't.

My next moves will be very much geared to increasing results and locking in gains.

1 Comments:

Blogger SR said...

Welcome back Andrew. Looking forward to your posts. BTW, I was reading an article that pawn shops business is booming, do you still believe there is a nice stock out there?

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home