Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Technical retreats, fundamentals are ok

CLB announced that it was raising earnings guidance by 10% - above analyst expectations. Stronger than expected demand was the reason. The stock fell.
In fact, energy stocks and commodity stocks all retreated.

I think that this is mainly window dressing for the end of the quarter - it's a technical retreat and is not driven by underlying strength or weakness.

TRID has collapsed. When it went below $20 I started watching for a buy-in price. I kept seeing weakness and held back. Now we are near $18. I'm still going to wait but not long. The company is raking in the cash and only the options overhang is preventing it from moving up. I am thinking about buying some $20 January calls.

I think the retreat will last through the week, possibly even after July 4th. But earnings are coming in and they are strong, so I think this is a buying opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home