Tuesday, June 05, 2007

News bits

Bernanke dashed hopes that the Fed was planning to lower rates anytime soon. Most interesting was the opinion that the economy will rebound in 6 months or so. I have a hard time believing that. He could be trying to talk things up or he could be thinking that America will benefit from global spending.

Meanwhile, oil prices continue to bounce around.
The owners of DO bought another company (Dominion). I mentioned that DO did not merit a premium because they would not be sold. Looks like I was right.

ILMN is making a strong move up. I think biotechs are going to be a sector that will be rotated into. I did buy ILMN when it crashed.

HOLX continues to creep up.

IMA fell a bit after announcing another purchase. This company is starting to look like a mini Johnson and Johnson.

NTRI keeps making a strong run, nearing $70 - it was ~$50 just 3 months ago. I think it is overshooting.

Sprint is making a big move up. I really think they are going to be bought by a cable company.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIE is down quite a bit from the latest high of ~ $39. Is it a good time to buy TIE around $32.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home