Sunday, August 27, 2006

Strategy for Next Week: Patience

We have a selection of stocks that look like good investments. It is a mix of the new ones I have found and some old favorites (TRID, DO, ESV, ISIL).

Last week I held back because I expected the market to dive in the face of some negative economic reports. It came down 1%. This is not as deep as I expected to see and is a sign of consolidation. It is also a sign that people are on vacation.

As we head into September and upcoming labor Day weekend, folks are coming back from vacations. Typically volume trading perks up in September and October. Also, I think the market has the data it needed.

We are through earnings season. And there is only minimal news coming out (some producers data and some employment data) and one big piece of news: consumer spending for July.

I really want to buy stocks on a down day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, whats going on with the market?
consumer spending hit hard for July, still no re-action. The best companies like MDR and GRP are getting hit hard. Ithought that I am getting good deal when I bought MDR at 49 and now its 47.5, couldn't believe the market.. May be we missed the TRID big run too..

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rode the TRID thanks for that.. how about JLG I have Nov. options for $20 and they are down almost 60% now... feeling nervous about JLG.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home