Monday, May 22, 2006

Punishing day today

Stocks continue a bit of free fall as they again retreat after some Friday gains.
Before I go any further, I want to reiterate the latest earnings releases - not future reesults but recent results. The companies I track had record results - some even grew in the triple digits. Going forward, their business is healthy.

We are not buying speculative minerals. We are buying infrastructure companies which are doing fine. They all have healthy profits and reasonable (I would argue low) prices.

Nevertheless, the market is very negative. In a contrary mode, I bought. This is what we are looking at as we near the end of a bloody day
JLG - up ~1.5%
GRP - up ~3%
JOYG - up ~3%
NTRI - down 4%
TIE - down 1%
ISIL - down 1%
RFMD - down 1%
DIS - down 0.5%
ET - down 3%

So mostly down even after I thought we bottomed out - again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get stopped out of TRID or did you just overlook it in your daily performance summary?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I do weekly updates. This was a post about NEW purchases. No STOPs on any stocks at this time.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home