Monday, April 10, 2006

Ups and Downs & Alcoa

Following on Friday's dip, more profit taking but after Alcoa's stunning results, I expect a big jump Tuesday.

STOCKS I FOLLOW OR OWN
AKAM - Overbought and just settling down where it needs to be
CELL - Down 3% and then a 6% jump in after hours
NUAN - Up. They are staying above 11 an dI like that
SNDK - Down 3%. Yeah, I never unloaded. I must like pain.

OUR PORTFOLIO
GHL - Up 3% today and set a new 52 week high
GRP - up 2%
JOYG - Up 3%
MRVL - Down 2.5%. There are rumors that MRVL will underperform
NTRI - Down 2%. I don't like the weakness here, but I respect the stock.
STX - Down 2.5%. Weakness that I expect to turnaround.
TEVA - Continuing weakness. It's oversold, but I see us taking our money and running soon. Maybe Genentech will help add some bounce.
TIE - If Alcoa goes up, how can TIE be far behind. Also, I expect China to announce some new Boeing purchases, which will drive additional titanium demand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I hope that you are right.

I see the recent sell-off in the same way that you do. A breather after a massive run up.

I think NTRI still has legs. If they hit their eps, we could see $60 by the summer.
However, this is not a keeper. There is only so much diet food the world can handle.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do u think about DNA for tomo?

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home