Thursday, June 26, 2008

A rally? Did I suggest an imminent rally?

if you ever needed proof - you have it. I would make a lousy day trader.
Instead of a rally, we had a 300 point drop.

I thought a short rally would follow last week's crash a la a dead cat bounce. And that the hedge funds were done with their pruning.

What a day.
I am ok with the ETFC for now. They dropped in sympathy with the other financials, but ETFC has no more mortgage exposure, unlike the others. And recent evidence points to ETFC's ability to outperform stock brokerages like Schwab and Ameritrade. the question is whethe rtrading revenue will continue to grow. Well, if C and LEH go up in flames, ETrade may pick up the leavings.

TRID just blows me away. Still haven't decided what to do. take the loss and walk or wait for market sanity. I will wait this quarter earnings release for signs of design wins. If none, I have to walk.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you waiting on TRID? See this is EXACTLY what I am talking about in my last comment. It is to personal. Any reasonable trader would see the jigg is up and move along. But since it is personal with you you have to hold it until the "next quarter". And when they come you will make up some excuse to keep TRID (Oh this line looks good, or that line looks good so I am holding just in case).

Sell NOW and move on...

2:02 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

At this point, why bother.
It is 2% of the total portfolio. There is potential upside and I'm willing to have it as a super speculative stock.

I will wait for this quarter earnings. It is now trading for below cash. The next few weeks will decide.

This has been a nightmare, no two ways about it.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barron's article on TRID

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB121494071078020325.html

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Above article is actually free if you go through the news link for NASDAQ:TRID in google finance.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why bother listening to anything else you have to say about stocks. this is just proving to me you have no idea what you are doing.

And thank you for proving my point you are too personal with it. 2% is 2% that could be put to good use elsewhere. What OTHER stocks are you personal with??

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home