Friday, October 26, 2007

CLB & TRID

We hit our sale price on CLB yesterday after just buying back in.
I may buy more or hit on ATW or sit on the cash, we'll see. Hell, I might even buy more TRID.

TRID I really messed up on. It doesn't matter that I feel confident that their fundamentals are super strong. What matters is that this is one stock where fighting the market has not worked for over a year. I won't say I never do it because sometimes I do know better: I stayed with ILMN even when LR was stopped out in the 30s - it hit 60 recently.

At this point, I won't sell. I foolishly did not lock in a STOP because I didn't think it would drop much if at all after earnings.

I made this exact same mistake in 2000/2001: I didn't see how the stocks could drop 'that much'. This is my reminder to always be careful. And the timing couldn't be better in a volatile market.

7 Comments:

Blogger SR said...

I agree, its best to stay with TRID, as the damage is already done and its almost 7, with a cash position of 4 per share. It might go down again. I have lost a bunch on Jan 20 calls too.

I am going to stay until it comes back to 18.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to move on from TRID.

I laugh at myself as I am saying this but I am glad I placed the sell order AT market open to cut my losses as much as I could. Dropped another 10-15% since then.

Unbelievable. Real world.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think it will rebound ? If so when ?

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think they will rebound ? If so when ?

12:59 PM  
Blogger TakeStocK said...

I know lot of folks lost money on this Stock .. Sad but we learn a lesson when that happens.
My total loss is not huge but I can’t get a Tax write off on whatever I lost because I own this in Roth IRA a/c.)):- …and I don’t want to buy it again now ..I’ll wait till the Fed decision because If there is no Fed cut this stock might go below $5 .

7:09 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I just landed in Europe and found that TRID is now $7. I have basically lost all of my gains elswhere.

No point in selling, the panic is done: they are now selling for less than their revenue.

Will they re-bound? Of course they will. But for now, too many fingers have been burnt, including mine.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any comments about TIE? Apparently, market isn't too thrilled with their last earnings. Is it still time to buy more as it has dropped quite a bit since last earnings?

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home